Roll Thread Operator
Painesville, OH 44077
A large manufacturing company is seeking a Roll Thread Machinist whose primary responsibility is to set-up and operate thread milling machines to mill threads on external and internal surfaces of metalwork pieces. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Produce threaded bars by placing steel bars into roll thread machine
- Set controls to thread steel bars per customer specifications
- Study blueprints, charts, drawings, and work orders to determine pitch and depth of thread, and type of tooling specified
- Lift work piece to fixture and bolt or clamp it in place
- Select and insert cutting tool in machine spindle
- Set and adjust speed of cutting tool and feed rate of work piece
- Position cutting tool and work piece to computed angles and install gears, cams, and stops to control multiple movements of work piece and cutting tool
- Start machine and inspect work piece during and on completion of milling operation
- Remove milled work piece from fixture
- Compute thread dimensions
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have one to three months related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have regular use of roll thread machine
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, charts, drawings, and work orders
- Must have the ability to lift up to 25 pounds and stand for long periods of time
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.