Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Newburgh Heights , OH 44105
A manufacturing company is seeking a Payroll/Benefits Specialist who will be responsible for delivering timely and accurate payroll services and reporting, along with, general benefits activities. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Manage and process weekly/bi-weekly payroll using Paycom
- Audit time cards for all locations daily, ensuring accuracy in all areas
- Calculate and process union dues, back pay, reimbursement, and performance bonus
- Maintain/update payroll reports in SharePoint
- Complete Paycom end-of-year checklist
- Verify all PTO, sick time accruals, holidays, and update as needed
- Audit benefit deductions for locations and enter in Paycom
- Assist in tracking FMLA and Workers Compensation via Paycom
- Ensure monthly Health & Welfare invoices are audited and processed in a timely manner
- Support accounting during month end close
- Act as a liaison to resolve payroll related issues
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources; Accounting or Finance is a plus
- Must have 3 to 5 years’ experience running payroll for multi-sites and multi-union locations
- Must have a working knowledge of Paycom or similar automated payroll system, along with proficiency with Microsoft Office is needed
- Knowledge of State and Federal Laws, regulations, and requirements related to HR is required
- Must have the ability to pay a high attention to detail
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize duties in order to manage deadlines
- Must exhibit a high level of confidentiality
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.