Industrial Coating Technician
Cleveland, OH 44102
A manufacturing company is seeking an Industrial Coating Technician to prepare steel surfaces and parts for plastisol coating, coat surfaces, and prepare steel surfaces for painting and supply paint. This is a first shift opportunity working 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Review and analyze orders, inspect sandblasted steel structures for dents or areas that need additional prep, and repair or prep accordingly
- Apply primer to prepared parts and structure
- Operate a forklift to hold steel structure, apply plastisol, and adhere to structure using an industrial oven to bake coating
- Ensure complete, seamless, and even plastisol coating of all steel structures and parts
- Grind steel surfaces to prepare surface for paint
- Mix paint and hardeners and apply paint utilizing a paint spray gun
- Observe health safety by wearing protective mask and breathing apparatus
- Maintain inventory levels and follow all safety rules and regulations
- Perform routine machine, equipment, and facility maintenance
- Document time and material for parts and equipment
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. Additional technical training would be a pus
- 1 to 3 years ‘manufacturing experience is also a plus
- Strong mechanical background in machine building
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills are required
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift and use basic hand and power tools
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and prioritize multiple projects
- Must be able to lift object up to 75 pounds
- Must have a solid work history with no attendance issues
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. This company offers benefits upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.