Cook - 3 needed
Westlake, OH 44145
A medical facility is seeking Cooks to prepare and cook meals for patients, staff, and guests. There are various shifts available.
- Prepare meals and snacks and determine preparation methods and procedures according to daily menu
- Review production sheets, lists, and menus to determine the type and amounts of food to be prepared
- Ensure quality standards are met for food preparation and delivery
- Maintain inventory, ordering, receiving, and storage of food and supplies
- Support dietary personnel to provide a quality food service operation, assist with orientation of new employees, and provide input concerning evaluations
- Maintain safe and sanitary environment for food preparation, storage, and delivery
- Operate and maintain kitchen equipment according to agency standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of one year culinary training and Safe Serve Certification is preferred
- Any combination of education or experience equivalent to graduation from High School and considerable dietary/cooking experience
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local regulations, policies, and sanitary regulations and laws is needed
- Must have basic nutrition and modified diet knowledge
- Must have the ability to follow simple and complex recipes and properly operate kitchen appliances and food equipment
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the public
- Must be able to occasionally force up to 100 pounds and 25 pounds frequently
Only candidates that can pass a background and fingerprint check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.