Wooster, OH 44691
A manufacturing and distribution company is seeking a Buyer to procure the right materials at the time time, of the right quality, at the lowest price, while minimizing inventory. This is a first shift opportunity.
- Negotiate best price, best delivery, and improved payment terms
- Identify new, improved, or alternate sourcing options
- Set-up accounts and payment terms with suppliers and monitor bonds
- Enter purchase orders into the ERP Systems accurately and in a timely manner
- Provide sources and price quotations to sales team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to reduce quote and new order turn-around times
- Relay clean and complete jobs to manufacturing on a consistent basis
- Set-up incoming delivery schedules and revise when needed
- Keep sales and production teams informed of supply chain difficulties and expedite deliveries when necessary
- Resolve short shipments, defective parts, wrong items, and returns
- Address customer requests for corrective actions, research, and obtain samples, and data sheets
- Support continuous improvement and growth within the company
- Must have previous Buyer experience
- Previous manufacturing, sourcing, and purchasing experience is needed
- Must have a strong negotiation skills
- Must have a working knowledge of ERP Systems
- Must have the ability to work in a cross-functional matrix organization
- Must have excellent communication skills
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-575-7145 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.