Mentor, OH 44060 | Direct Hire
A fast-growing manufacturing company is offering an immediate, Direct Hire position to a Welding Supervisor. You will lead, coach, and manage the welding department to achieve quality and effective welds and welding techniques in a safe and efficient manner. Work hours are 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Manage all day-to-day production welding related issues
- Drive welding shop performance, including on-time delivery, quality, and scrap levels, etc.
- Oversee welders to ensure components and materials are made to specifications
- Evaluate blueprints, sketches, and related specifications to calculate dimensions independently and accurately and bring any discrepancies to sales/engineering’s attention
- Ensure torches and power supplies are handled and used in a safe and effective manner
- Perform on-the-job training and coaching
- Produce strong welds that are smooth, non-porous, and consistent
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum 8 years of welding experience
- Must be certified by an accredited welding school or a minimum of 3 additional years of experience
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience is required
- Must have experience overseeing, evaluating, and coaching others on welding techniques and processes
- Must be able to work independently to produce quality, accurate welds and test welds
- Must have strong math and analytical abilities
- Pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds regularly is required
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
This company offers a comprehensive benefit package upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.