Transportation Dispatcher – 2 needed
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
A trucking company is seeking Transportation Dispatchers for full-time opportunities. You must be able to work night shift from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. or 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. and will rotate 3 days on, then 4 days off, 4 days on and 3 days off, etc.
- Dispatch trucks according to customer demands and operational efficiency
- Establish and adjust routes in an efficient and profitable manner
- Arrange services and determine customer-specific driver duties
- Communicate with management, customer, and drivers to resolve service issues
- Ensure proper documentation and secure profitable loads
- Monitor driver hours in order to balance schedules and observe DOT Compliance and HSSE Requirements
- Ensure daily documentation of DOT Logs, DVIRs, and Fleet Maintenance Schedules and complete and correct as directed
- Enter load data in Dispatch Database
- Generate reports documenting load and unload-times, route completions, and driver locations
- Develop efficient routes to ensure that deliveries are made on time, including any delays that occur
- Answer calls from drivers and relay any emergencies to appropriate channels
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be familiar with Trimble CoPilot Truck Navigation, Trimble ELD, Basic DVIR, and GPS Tracking
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and be a fast learner
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a problem solver who can pay a high attention to detail
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.