Tool and Die Maker - Short-term
Euclid, OH 44117
A manufacturing company is seeking a Tool & Die Maker for a 4 week assignment. You will layout the design on the raw material, then cut it to size and shape using manually controlled machines ad tools. This position offers 4 ten hour shifts beginning at 5 or 6 a.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Assist production with thorough communication concerning tool issues
- Maintain database inventory of all available, in use, and maintained tools
- Verify updated or revised tooling prints
- Coordinate with machine operators on tool and repair needs
- Accomplish results with accuracy and timeliness
- Responsible for all customer specific requirements where applicable
- Follow schedules, procedures, and 6S housekeeping practices
- Be goal-oriented toward manufacturing and work center efficiency
- Offer ideas, suggestions, and improvement concepts for improving the utilization and productivity of the Tool Room
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of 2 years Tool Maker/Machinist experience, preferably in the Fastener Industry
- Must be able to read engineering drawings, mics, and calipers
- Must have experience with lathes, surface grinders, and measuring equipment
- Must have Microsoft knowledge with an emphasis on Excel
- Must have strong math skills
- Must be able to maintain paper and electronic files and databases
- Must be able to work independently and lift at least 50 pounds
- Experience in carbide dies is preferred
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.