Technical Service Technician
Ashtabula, OH 44004 | Temp-to-Perm
A manufacturing company is seeking a Technical Service Technician to complete color matches, colorant scale up, physical properties evaluation, project formulation, and provide on-site support for coatings. You must be shift flexible for this position.
- Work closely with the Technical Service Representatives to assure developmental effectiveness
- Help maintain inventory and replenish raw materials for lab use
- Provide support to all Technical Service Techs and Reps as required
- Generation and completion of laboratory work requests in accordance to the schedule and provide notification when needed
- Contact customers to obtain information critical to project success
- On-site color match support for coatings as required
- Develop a basic understanding of customer processes and raw materials
- Maintain current on pigment types, resins, chemistries, and their application
- Maintain required accurate, legible, and thorough record keeping
- Perform quality testing, in a laboratory setting, to meet operating objectives
- Maintain high housekeeping standards
- Comply with safety rules and regulations, and attend safety meetings and trainings
- BA/BS Degree in Science or Engineering; or Associate’s Degree in Science or Engineering; or work related equivalency in coating
- Must have a strong understanding of pigment and carrier types/chemistries
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have basic Word and Excel knowledge
- Must have adequate color discrimination skills
- Must have the ability to work in a close team environment
- Must be able to multi-task, complete tasks in a timely and thorough manner, support Technicians and Representatives, and keep proficient records
- Must be able to work with others to create a team atmosphere
- Must adhere to all company procedures and policies
Only candidates that can pass a background check and a drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4151 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.