Indianapolis, IN 46218 | Direct Hire
This educational facility is seeking a Teacher Assistant who will implement a rigorous academic program for students ranging from grades K-8th. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with work hours being Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Create and sustain a quality learning environment where high academic and behavioral expectations are the norm, achieve high test scores, and be a healthy additional to our adult learning communities
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Remain highly organized and meet deadlines 100% of the time
- Implement and possibly create intentional lesson plans that support academic rigor and student engagement
- Be relentless, serious, and focused
- Must have a valid State Certification
- Must have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree or paraprofessional
- Must have a minimum of one year substitute or regular teaching experience in an urban, public, or charter school setting is preferred
- Must have a proven track record of high achievement in the classroom
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects is required
- Must be self-motivated and have a willingness to be a team player
- Must be able to “sweat the small stuff”, have a “no excuses” attitude, and do “whatever it takes” to close the achievement gap
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment where accountability and high expectations are always upheld
- Must possess a philosophy that 100% of our students will attend and graduate from a four-year college and/or university
- Belief in and alignment with School’s mission and vision is non-negotiable
- Must have a solid work history
Only candidates that can pass a background, BMV check, and drug screen will be considered. This company offers an exceptional competitive benefit package upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4151 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.