Cleveland, OH 44105 | Temp-to-Perm
This local supply company is seeking a Shipping Supervisor who will be responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming, outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 p.m. to 5 p.m.; however, there may be times when you will work later due to the work load.
- Study shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities
- Determine routing and legal load limits of trucks
- Inspect material handling equipment for defects
- Direct movement of shipments from shipping and received platform to storage and work areas
- Compile records of unfilled order, prepare bills of lading, issue written and oral instructions, adjust errors and complaints, and prepare composite report from individual reports
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency, maintain harmony among workers, and maintain flexible work hours
- Maintain daily contact with outside sales and branch managers, attend daily production meeting, and communicate frequently with customers
- High School Diploma or GED; college degree is preferred
- Five to ten years of shipping/receiving supervisory experience
- Experience in ink or specialty chemical experience is a plus
- Must have a Lift Truck Certification and valid Driver’s License
- Must have the ability to frequently lift 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have proficient Word and Excel experience
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have the ability to direct others to accomplish stated company/departmental goals
- Must have strong decision making, problem solving, and analytical skills
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.