Shipping - Receiving Clerk - Second Shift
Cleveland, OH 44103
A manufacturing company has a full-time opportunity available for a Shipping–Receiving Clerk. This is a second shift position and work hours are from 2:45 p.m. to 11 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Compare incoming and outgoing shipments to verify bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Prepare labels and place on packed skids
- Assemble cardboard containers or select preassembled containers
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with shipper to rectify damages and shortages
- Prepare Bills of Lading and route materials and good to correct departments
- Examine shipments to ensure all items have been correctly packaged, are free of damage, paperwork and labels are correct, and enter into SAP System
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Operate tow motor or pallet jack and load and unload trucks
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have one to two years shipping and receiving experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Prior forklift or tow motor experience is preferred; ability to get certified is required
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to learn how to operate a “Yard Dog” and be comfortable working outdoors
- Must have the ability to successfully meet customer and management deadlines
- Must have strong communication, organizational, and customer service skills
- Must be able to take initiative, be an analytical thinker, a decision maker, and a problem solver
- Must be able to work together as a team on second shift
- Must have the ability to maintain a safe and organized work environment
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. This company offers excellent benefits upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.