Beachwood, OH 44122 | Temp-to-Perm
This accounting firm is seeking a Staff Accountant/Auditor to perform a wide variety of diversified accounting and auditing assignments. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Perform diversified accounting and auditing assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager, and/or partner
- Plan, schedule, and supervise client engagements, meet time constraints, client deadlines, and engagement compliance deadlines
- Communicate with client to receive information necessary to complete the engagement with a minimum of disruption to client
- Direct and instruct assigned staff for work to be performed and lead the engagement work paper review
- Prepare work papers and perform various procedures established under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other Comprehensive Basis of Accounting (OCBOA) to verify accuracy and validity of clients’ financial matters
- Prepare audit reports and internal reporting documents as requested
- Represent firm at intern recruiting fairs and collaborate with staff to mentor seasonal interns
- Develop a network of industry peers and business contacts, meet with prospect clients, cultivate referral business, and travel when required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Current State of Ohio Certified Public Accountant’s License
- Must have 3 to 4 years’ of experience in public accounting, and demonstrative a progression in complexity of accounting tasks
- Not-for-Profit accounting experience is desired
- Must possess depth of technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff, accounts, and/or perform tasks and duties independently
- Must be familiar of GAAP, and other comprehensive basis of accounting, unique or specified accounting principles, and financial statement presentation
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated, and work with an entrepreneurial approach to client service while building positive working relationships
- Must be comfortable preparing and presenting workshops, seminars, and training sessions to both internal and external stakeholders
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.