School Nutrition Supervisor
Cleveland, OH 44103 | Direct Hire
A local school district is seeking a School Nutrition Supervisor to assist with the objectives, functions, policies, and operation of school Nutrition. This position requires you to rotate between 18 schools a month, reporting to a particular school for 1 to 2 days. All schools are located within 10 miles of Downtown Cleveland. This is a Direct Hire opportunity and work hours are Monday through Friday from 6:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. You will work year round even when school is on break.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of School Nutrition staff in assigned buildings and performance of assigned staff
- Provide appropriate orientation and on-going training to staff, promoting standards and expectations, and coordinating and conducting staff meetings
- Implement department goals, standards, policies, and procedures
- Ensure that all food items are prepared and served in appropriate quantities and according to menu specifications, USDA regulations and guidelines
- Monitor lunchroom facilities and operations to assure compliance with dietary, cleanliness, health, and safety standards
- Oversee compliance and maintenance of production records, cash receipts, activity reports, and forecasts, and prepare documents and reports
- Participate in the review, evaluation, and recommended purchase of new and replacement food service equipment
- Keep abreast of USDA, public health and safety regulations, and National School Breakfast and Lunch Program requirements
- Monitor and assure inventory and labor costs in assigned building are within approved budget
- Attend district meetings and participate on District-wide Committees
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Minimum of two years food service management experience
- Possess and effectively utilize experience and knowledge of food service standards, procedures, inventory principles, and practices
- Must have above average organizational and communication skills
- Must be proficient with Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have the ability to set priorities of work to be completed and coordinate many activities simultaneously
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation is required
Only candidates that can pass a background, BMV check, and drug screen will be considered. This company offers a full benefit package and retirement plan upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.