Paraprofessional Accountant/ Bookkeeper
Beachwood, OH 44122 | Temp-to-Perm
This accounting firm is seeking a Paraprofessional Accountant/ Bookkeeper to join their growing team. You will be responsible for managing and performing the bookkeeping functions for our clients. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Record monthly financial transactions in clients’ books and records using QuickBooks Pro
- Work closely with our clients staff to ensure tax compliance is complete and deadlines are met
- Prepare clients monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare payroll reports, all monthly and quarterly payroll tax returns for clients in a timely fashion, including applicable federal, state, and local payroll taxed and all related on-line filings
- Reconcile client’s trial balance, assemble work papers that document and support the period end account balances in clients’ books and records
- Assist with client communications
- Prepare interim and year-end complied financial statements
- Post participant account activity for medical, dental, disability, and life insurance plans, 401(k) plans, and flex spending plans
- Manage the internal account system as needed for the client
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Minimum five years paraprofessional accountant, staff accountant, or bookkeeper experience. Experience in a public accounting firm is preferred
- Immediate to advanced level of skill with QuickBooks Accounting Software, ProAdvisor Certification is preferred
- Excellent level of skill with Excel
- Must be comfortable working with a variety of public accounting systems, including ProSystem FX, Fixed Assets CS, and Creative Solutions
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements associated with processing payroll transactions and preparation of payroll returns
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Dependable, driven, willing, and able to learn
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.