Middleburg Heights, OH 44130 | Temp-to-Perm
This medical facility is seeking a Medical Biller for a long-term, full-time position. You will be responsible for posting all office service charges, assigning appropriate CPT & ICD-9 codes, posting ambulatory surgical services, verifying patient insurance eligibility, and assisting patients and front desk staff. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Daily input of all office routing slip charges
- Verify EMR office service/procedure notes are signed and completed
- Daily input of all radiology, pathology charges, and laboratory test
- Assign appropriate CPT/ICD-9 codes, post ambulatory surgical services, and verify follow-up appointments
- Perform prior authorizations, pre-determinations, verify benefits, and set-up patient copayment assistance
- Verify patient insurance for front office when patients have no documentation and assist if referral is required
- Answer phone calls and assist patient billing inquiries
- Answer staff questions regarding self-pay fees, diagnoses for test ordered, and patient copays and balances on account
- Correct patient demographic and insurance information in computer as necessary
- Perform other duties as needed
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Training in CPT, ICD-9, and ICM-10 Coding, knowledge of insurance payer codes, and at least 1 year billing/coding experience
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skill, with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure effectively
- Must pay attention to detail and have the ability to interact effectively with others
- Must be computer literate with accurate typing skills
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. A benefit package is available upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.