Mechanical Maintenance Technician A
Mentor, OH 44060 | Temp-to-Perm
This manufacturing company is offering an immediate full-time opportunity for a Maintenance Technician. Training will be performed on first shift from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. then the position will move to evenings from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors and production machines, following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications, and troubleshoot malfunctions
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools, and examine form and texture of parts
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges
- Fabricate repaired parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Observe newly repaired machinery and equipment operation to verify the adequacy of repairs
- Record parts and materials used, and requisition new parts and materials as necessary
- Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have at least 3 years equipment, mechanical, and electrical maintenance experience
- Must have knowledge of basic safety rules and power tools
- Must have excellent troubleshooting, digital instrumentation, industrial electricity, A/C and D/C drive skills
- Must have the ability to follow all safety rules pertaining to maintenance projects
- Must have strong listening and communication skills
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts
- Must have a solid work history with no attendance issues
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. This company offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4151 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.