Akron, OH 44301 | Temp-to-Perm
A manufacturing company is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join their team. You will perform technical responsibilities utilizing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing designs and processes in accordance with company specifications and quality standards. This is a full-time position and hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Prepare and maintain detail drawings to company specifications and confer with Engineers to ensure drawing are correct
- Create machine manuals and assembly procedures
- Represent manufacturing/engineering on cross-functional teams for design review
- Perform internal machine assembly and checkout
- Work in lab or with customer trials as necessary
- Travel as required to provide installation assistance and customer troubleshooting and attempt to minimize travel by working with engineering and operations to provide superb install technical documentation
- Collaborate with Project Manager/Sales to ensure customer is qualified and prepared to operate our equipment
- Perform a wide range of other duties as needed
- Must have a Mechanical Engineering Degree
- At least 5 years’ of manufacturing and extrusion related experience preferred
- Must understand the continuous extrusion process and the importance of temperature, pressure, shear, and mixing on the final product form or shape
- Must have knowledge of designs to accommodate measurement of temperature and pressure to enhance repeatability of customer process
- Must be proficient in SolidWorks and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, safety rules, operating, maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, write routine reports and correspondence, and speak effectively before groups of people
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Must be able to work with vendors, customers, and employees
- Must have the ability to prioritize, plan work activities, use time efficiently, adapt to changes in the work environment, and observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly
Only candidates that can pass a background check will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.