Mentor, OH 44060
A manufacturing company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for a full-time position. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Visually and mechanically inspect and test machinery and equipment
- Detect malfunction and discuss variations to diagnose problem
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, process piping, and general building plumbing
- Lay-out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe system and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and repair and replace gauges, valves, etc.
- Repair and maintain building and grounds maintenance
- Install, program, or repair automated machinery and equipment
- Set-up and operate machine tools, cutting torch, welding equipment, and high speed equipment
- Fabricate and repair counters, benches, stairs, walkways, and platforms
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have an Associates' Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and/or 3 to 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, write simple correspondence, and effectively present information
- Must be able to add and subtract two digit numbers, multiply, and divide.
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions, and deal with problems
- Must be able to work at extended heights on platforms, ceiling, roof levels, and in confined spaces
- Must be able to follow all safety procedures and maintain a safe, neat, and orderly work area in accordance with all regulations
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.