Legal Secretary - Employment Law
Akron, OH 44308 | Contract/Project
An Employment Law and Litigation firm is seeking a Legal Secretary to cover for a 3 month medical leave. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Transcribe and type all correspondence, letters, court documents, legal forms, and internal administrative forms
- Handle incoming, outgoing, and internal mails
- Maintain orderly filing of correspondence for all matters
- Correct and update client billings and give to Accounting for final processing
- Maintain schedules, calendars, and travel arrangements for attorneys and/or paralegals
- Perform secretarial overflow duties
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Must have a High School diploma or GED; post-secondary related education or training is preferred
- Must have a minimum of 3 years Legal Secretarial experience
- Must have strong experience in Employment Law and Litigation
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office and typing skills of 60+ wpm
- Must have transcription experience
- Must have strong knowledge of legal vocabulary and abbreviations
- Must have excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading, and communication skills
- Must be able to plan, organize, and prioritize work load
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure with deadlines and changing priorities
- Must have a customer service attitude, along with a compassion towards clients
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-575-7145 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.