Heat Treat/Sandblast Operator - Part-time
Elyria, OH 44035
This manufacturing company is offering an immediate, full-time position for a Heat Treat/Sandblast Operator. This is a second shift position working 3:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. with overtime available.
- Perform nitriding, hardening, tempering, annealing, and normalizing
- Perform necessary cleaning operations on all parts
- Finish castings and metal parts to prescribed surface finish
- Clean and move parts as necessary within the department
- Product verification and process control including using necessary measuring devices
- Keep charts and records as required on completed sequences and processes
- Perform required re-work, secondary operations, routine maintenance, and safety checks in the department
- Inspect work, verify products meets all standards, document all non-conformances, and complete all required paperwork
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have a High School Diploma and prior heat treat experience
- Must have knowledge of nitriding/salt bath furnaces
- Must be mechanically inclined with the ability to remove and replace circular roll charts and records
- Must be able to read and interpret heat treat specifications, route sheets, manufacturing outlines, and written instructions
- Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Must have the ability to keep accurate, detailed records
- Must be able to work in a hot and dirty environment and lift up to 50 pounds
- Must join the union after 75 days
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
This company offers benefits upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-575-7145 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.