HR – Payroll Coordinator – Entry Level
Strongsville, OH 44149
A design and manufacturing company is seeking an Entry-Level HR – Payroll Coordinator to provide administrative support and coordination to the HR Manager, as well as being a back-up to Payroll. This position will start out as entry-level, but you will eventually grow into the majority of the roles listed below. You will work Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Oversee administration of all benefits and coordinate annual open enrollment for benefits
- Provide support for recruiting and write and update job descriptions
- Schedule interviews, process background, and conduct reference checks
- Maintain payroll information, update payroll records, pay employees, prepare reports, determine payroll liabilities, and balance payroll accounts
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Comply with federal, state, and local requirements
- Assist with reports, presentations, and special projects
- Ensure personnel files are kept up-to-date
- Maintain confidentiality
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Payroll, Finance, or related field
- 2 years’ experience in HR Coordinator/Counselor role with experience in benefit administration, health and safety, recruiting, and employee relations
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS Systems
- Must have excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Must have the ability to set priorities, complete tasks, and meet deadlines
- Must be able to pay a high attention to detail
- Must have the ability to quickly learn new technologies
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. Any candidate who recently graduated college or only has a year or two in payroll or HR would be ideal. This company offers benefits upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.