Strongsville, OH 44149
A design and manufacturing company is seeking a Grinder to work a first or second shift opportunity.
- Study blueprint or layout on work piece to visualize grinding
- Select grinding wheel and mount on spindle
- Move controls and read dial to set angle of work piece to grinding wheel, following specifications, and dress wheel manually or with preset device
- Position and secure work piece to face plate, magnetic chuck, or in chuck jaws, using wrenches
- Select grinding wheel and work surface speed, and work piece table travel rate
- Use measuring instruments to verify dimensions of ground work piece
- May dress grinding wheel to specified profile, grind non-metallic materials, and operate tracer attachment to duplicate contours
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience forming grinding wheels
- Must be able to read blueprints and manufacturing sketches
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English and have knowledge of arithmetic involving decimals and fractions
- Must have the ability to read and understand measuring instruments
- Must be able to follow procedures and production schedules
- Must be able to lift heavy loads and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work with little supervision
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.