Davenport Screw Machinist
Akron, OH 44310 | Temp-to-Perm or Direct Hire
This manufacturing company is offering immediate, full-time positions for Davenport Screw Machinists. Currently, they are looking for first shift individuals with the potential for second shift; however, you will work 40 hours each week with overtime available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce quality parts and maintain production levels
- Set-up and operate machines
- Enter quality-related information into SPC
- Perform daily lubrications, cleaning out machines, and removing chips for assigned machines
- Sharpen tools, troubleshoot machines, set speeds and feeds, and do minor repairs
- Contribute to the improvement of safety, quality, productivity, and teamwork
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have 2 years Screw Machine operating experience
- Strong knowledge of and experience performing the set-up and operation of a variety of screw machines is required
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and measuring equipment
- Must be mechanically and mathematically inclined and possess a basic mechanical aptitude and skill
- Must have a basic understanding of how to use the tools required in the operation and maintenance of screw machines
- Must be able to work as an individual as well as a member of a team
- Must be able to monitor gauges, dials or other indications to make sure the machine is operating properly
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
For an immediate interview, please call 216-575-7144 or reply to this post and submit your resume.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.