Strongsville, OH 44149
A large manufacturing company is seeking a Commodity Manager who will be responsible for key supplier relationships and contract negotiations, as well as, defining, identifying, and implementing key metrics, tools, and systems to create alignment with the organization’s strategic goals and objectives. This is a Direct Hire opportunity and work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Prepare and conduct leading supplier contract negotiations
- Ensure accuracy of contractual agreement for assigned suppliers
- Coordinate and support on-site supplier assessment and continuous improvement activities
- Serve as team leader for the procurement team to manage monthly KPIs and provide guidance on best practices supply chain support
- Identify new and/or alternate sources of supply as needed to support new product development, cost reduction requirements, and performance issues
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of essential commodity trends
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers and upper management
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A four year degree in Business, Technical, or related field is required; MBA is preferred
- Must have a minimum of 7+ years’ experience in aerospace or automotive
- Must have previous experience with contract negotiations, project, and inventory management
- Must be able to travel domestically and globally
- Must have strong communication, negotiating, and organizational skills
- Must excellent analytical skills including Data and Financial Analysis
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.