Youngstown, OH 44502
A manufacturing company, located in Youngstown, is seeking a CNC Machinist/Programmer for a full-time opportunity. You will work with heavy CNC machinery from set-up to operation to produce parts and tools from metal or other materials. In addition, you will operate CNC Horizontal, Vertical Mills, and Machining Centers utilizing medium to heavy steel plates in a fabrication job shop environment. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Load feed mechanism by using an overhead crane to lift materials into position
- Perform typical machine shop operations
- Mill, turn, drill, tap, de-bur, saw, and sand fabrications
- Verify settings by measure marks, and scribe dimensions and reference points to first-run part
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors to retrieve, input, or edit machine according to guidelines
- Troubleshoot malfunctions, resolve issues, and perform routine maintenance
- Interpret packet of router, engineering drawings, blueprints, and other work instructions
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have a High School Diploma or graduation from a certified technical school
- Must have 3 to 5 years prior CNC Machining experience
- Must have experience machining medium to heavy plate formations
- Solid knowledge of reading and interpreting blueprints, performing set-up, and editing programs in G&M Code is required
- Must have operated a forklift, overhead crane, and various inspection gauges
- Must be willing to be cross-trained across multiple pieces of equipment
- Must have the ability to adhere to safe work practices
- Must be able to take and pass a vision acuity test
- Must have the ability to frequently lift/push/pull 50 pounds
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4151 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.