CNC Machinist - Second Shift
Brecksville, OH 44141
A manufacturing company is seeking a CNC Machinist for an immediate, full-time, second shift position working 2 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Set-up, perform first article inspection, observe trial run, and produce machined parts on various CNC equipment
- Inspect parts to engineering specifications and maintain quality records according to work instructions
- Analyze drawings, sketches, and design data to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine feeds
- Determine reference points and direction of machine cutting paths
- Prepare geometric layout using computer-assisted drafting software
- Write program to regulate movement of machine and prepare instruction sheets to guide set-up and operation of machine
- Load programs as needed and adjust zero shift or references, set tool registers, and offset
- Troubleshoot malfunctions as needed and call for repairs
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Notify supervisor of product discrepancies or equipment malfunction
- Adhere to established company policies and procedures such as safety regulations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Trade School Certification is preferred
- Must have 5 to 7 years’ experience operating CNC Machines
- Must have knowledge of computer and electronics, CNC, and programming
- Must have experience editing and performing advanced numerical control programming for Fanuc, CAMWorks, G-Code or other drafting software
- Self-motivated, team oriented, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills is needed
- Must be computer literate
- Working knowledge of basic math, and the ability to use measuring tools
- Read and understand standard and geometric tolerances on blueprints
- Must have mechanical skills, physical dexterity, and mechanically inclined
- Must be flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment and work assignments
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.