Painesville, OH 44077 | Direct Hire
This design and manufacturing company is seeking a Buyer/Planner to quote, purchase, and receive materials, production planning, maintaining the assembly schedule and inventory control, of products as assigned, consistent with MRP/ERP System requirements. This is a full-time, long-term opportunity working Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Use MRP/ERP System to purchase, plan, allocate, and issue materials to production in support of customer requirements
- Coordinate the movement of materials from vendors, ensuring all vendor supplied material is available and shipped on time
- Expedite materials when necessary, coordinate on supplier delays, and monitor and resolve delivery and quality issues with suppliers
- Visit local suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assist in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems
- Create and maintain production, scheduling, forecasting/delivery, shortages, small business, and government reports for all assigned materials
- Coordinate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering with cost estimates
- Negotiate process, lead times, long-term agreements and delivery terms
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business Administrations, Supply Chain, Operations, or Engineering
- Must have at least 2 years experienced in purchasing and/or materials control, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Blueprint reading preferred, but not required
- Must be able to establish, monitor, and maintain relationships with vendors
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be computer literate with exceptional MRP/ERP Systems knowledge
- Must have strong time management, organizational, and customer service skills
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4151 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.