Brake Press Operator
Walton Hills, OH 44146
A large manufacturing company is seeking a Brake Press Operator who will be responsible for bending, forming, or flattening materials using the Press Brake or Flattening Press. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Manually operate a 350 ton Wysong Hydraulic Brake
- Select and install the press brake dies required to meet the drawing specifications
- Read and interpret blueprints or drawings to determine the specific forming operation
- Operate forklift and overhead crane to handle and move materials
- Chip or grind off excess burn slag using hand scrapers, power chippers, or air grinders prior to forming the materials
- May operate horizontal band saw and perform burn beveling, shot blasting, etc.
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have 2 years shop experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have knowledge of the kind of tools and equipment needed for each job
- Must be experienced operating a forklift or overhead crane
- Must be able to read blueprints or drawings
- Must use geometry and general math to solve problems
- Paying attention and taking the time to understand the points being made and asking questions is vital for this position
- Must be able to use your time effectively and efficiently.
- Adherence to all workplace safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices is important
- Must have a solid work history with no attendance issues
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.