Parma, OH 44134
A local parish is seeking a Bookkeeper to assist the Business Manager with all financial functions of the parish. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Process deposits
- Enter invoices into system and print checks
- Assist with preparing financial statements, other reports, and annual budget
- Help maintain accounting system and interface with internal auditors
- Collaborate with fundraising chairpersons to oversee any fundraising activities
- Work with outside vendors, office personnel, and parish ministry leaders
- Assist in establishing and maintaining policies and procedures
- Handle various parishioner requests
- Perform special project and other duties as requested
- Must have a bachelor’s Degree with an Accounting Major
- Must have 5 to 10 years of financial accounting experience
- Must have knowledge of financial accounting standards
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret financial statements
- Must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and manuals
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish fact, and draw conclusions
- Must be able to calculate discounts, interest, percentages, present value concepts, and apply basic algebra concepts
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.