Bilingual Legal Assistant
Cleveland, OH 44113 | Temp-to-Perm
A local law firm is seeking a Bilingual Legal Assistant for a full-time position. You will work Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Keep cases organized by establishing and organizing files, monitor calendars, meet deadlines, document actions, input information into file database and case management software, and confirm case status with attorney
• Help develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case, schedule depositions, prepare and forward summonses and subpoenas, draft complaints, prepare and file discovery requests, prepare responses to opposing counsel, and generate status reports
• Keep clients informed by maintaining contact and communicate case progress
• Maintain case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers
• Support case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences, prepare pleading, monitor and obtain discovery responses, and organize materials for team case review
• Enhance trial proceedings by organizing evidence, prepare exhibits, schedule witnesses, ensure that witnesses are ready when needed, and take courtroom notes
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and read professional publications
Skills and Qualifications:
• Must have previous Legal Assistant experience
• Immigration Law is preferred, but not required
• Must be able to speak both English and Spanish
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced office
• Must have excellent reporting, research, litigation, planning, and organizational skills with an eye for detail
• Must have the ability to build and maintain client relationships
• Must be computer literate with accurate data entry skills
• Must have high integrity and the capability to maintain confidentiality
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.