Accounts Payable – Payroll Clerk
Cleveland, OH 44118
A local retailer is seeking an Accounts Payable – Payroll Clerk to provide financial, administrative, and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled. You will work Monday through Friday starting 7:30 or 8:30 a.m. and working until 5 p.m.
- Verify entries and compare system reports to balances
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices or expense reports and record entries
- Pay vendors, monitor discount opportunities, verify federal Id numbers, schedule and prepare check, resolve discrepancies, and issue credits, stop-payments, or purchase order amendments
- Calculate payable hours, bonuses, taxes, and deduction for employees
- Maintain accounting ledgers
- Reconcile monthly statements and transactions for vendor accounts
- Report sales taxes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree is preferred
- 1 to 3 years’ previous experience is preferred
- Must have experience tracking budget expenses, vendor relationship experience, and the ability to analyze information
- Working knowledge of SAGE is a plus
- Must have proficient data entry and general math skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, and multi-tasking is required
- Must be able to work independently or as a team player
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to pay attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to maintain a professional appearance and manner
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. This company offers benefits upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4151 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.