Full-time Head Teller
Parma, OH | Possible Temp-to-Perm
A financial institution is seeking a full-time Head Teller who will be responsible for the supervision of the teller and reception area, guide and advise tellers, solve member problems, resolve teller issues, and help with complex work related matters. You will work Monday 8:45 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday 8:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Oversee work schedules, monitor daily activities of tellers, ensure staff is trained and cross-trained, answer questions, solve problems, help with complex transactions and situations, and approve exceptions for members
- Hire, train, direct, and evaluate employee performance, recommend promotions and transfers, identify performance problems and take action to correct, investigate teller losses, maintain a highly motived, well-trained staff, establish effective employee relations, and resolve employee relation issues
- Monitor department activities for compliance and take action to resolve any issues, ensure staff comply with policies and procedures, maintain a thorough knowledge of all State and Federal Regulations, policies, and trends within the industry
- Serve as vault teller including ordering cash from Federal Reserve, verifying cash received, filling teller cash orders, maintaining vault security, and balancing vault cash nightly
- Communicate with staff in areas of needed improvement, changes in procedures, new developments or services, present general information, encourage the exchange of ideas, and manage area supplies and equipment
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED and an Associate’s Degree or commensurate experience
- Must have a minimum 3 years prior experience in supervisory financial position or similar position in other industry
- Must have relevant experience in a similar role within a financial institution or credit union is highly desired
- Must be proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, Adobe, and the Internet
- Must be efficient, dependable, and accurate, and possess strong leadership, coaching, and communication skills
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starter who possesses the ability to work independently
- Must be resilient and professional when confronted with stressful situations
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, be adaptable to change, and be in control
- Diplomacy in dealing with the staff when assigning work, staff development, work schedule, and discipline is important
- Must have a professional appearance, dress, and attitude
Only candidates that can pass a background and credit check will be considered. This company offers benefits upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.