Equipment Maintenance Repair Technician
Independence, OH | Temp-to-Perm
A local food manufacturing company is offering an immediate, full-time position for a Maintenance Technician. You will perform a variety of duties relating to equipment, maintenance, repair, and optimization in the facility. Hours for this position are Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Operate, start-up, shut-down, assemble, tear-down, and change over all production equipment
- Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and develop corrective actions to avoid further down time
- Maintain and execute preventative maintenance schedule for all production and warehouse equipment
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance of basic electrical and pneumatic systems
- Collect and analyze data relating to equipment performance, break-downs, repairs, and utility usage
- Train new line operators or cross train current staff or supervisors
- Operate an electric tow motor, electric pallet jack, and scissor lift
- Read and interpret equipment operation and service manuals
- Must have 2 to 4 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be knowledgeable in pneumatic, electric, steam systems, and their associated components
- Must be well organized, self-motivated, dependable, responsible, and detail-oriented
- Must be able to deal with criticism calmly and effectively and complete tasks on time
- Must enjoy new opportunities and challenges while, at the same time, working with and developing people
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret equipment manuals, blueprints, electric, and pneumatic schematics
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Must be able to frequently lift 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area Professionals is a division of Area Temps, a staffing industry leader in Northeastern Ohio since 1987. The Area Professionals team specializes in direct hire and contract recruiting at the professional, mid-management and executive levels.